Thursday, February 23, 2017

Vicon Practice-February 23rd, 2017

This week I had the opportunity to run the Vicon system again. Being familiar with the system definitely helps a ton. During this practice, we did not encounter any new problems! After I controlled the system, I became the subject. I wore shorts so that the knee marker would not be interfered with, like the the first time we captured data, so we were able to capture more accurate data. Just like the first time we captured data, there was an issue with the system where it would switch the identification of the markers midway through the lift. This time we were actually able to correct the system without having to take another capture. This requires identifying the markers in the system multiple times, and it might have just been easier to take another capture, but nevertheless it worked. What we did differently this time was go through the recording frame by frame to see exactly where the markers switched identifications. When that happened, we would pause and rename the markers. Unfortunately this would usually result in the markers being misidentified later in the capture, so we would have to continue going through the capture frame by frame to cut out mistakes. This week was mostly about practicing what I had learned, so I don't have a ton of new information to share today, but I'm looking forward to next week!

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about your project this morning as I shovel this heavy snow!

    ReplyDelete