Monday, March 27, 2017

Garg's Method Introduction-Monday March 20th, 2016

First off, sorry for the late post. I wasn't able to travel to Prescott last week because of a spring snowstorm. I was supposed to start Garg's method last week. Garg's method is a way to "estimate metabolic energy expenditure rate for a job." This is will be the majority of my physiological analysis. This measures the rate at which energy is used for a task. Garg's method will normally be used in ergonomic research where a worker has to perform a task repeatedly throughout the day. This rate of energy production is measured in kilocalories per minute. For reference, an acceptable level of exertion for a worker over the course of a day is 5.2 kcal/min. For the next couple days, I will continue researching Garg's method and calculating the energy expenditure for my data. I will post my findings once I've had the opportunity for my advisor to review my calculations.

I also need to correct something from my last post. The program that I was using to graph and run profiles on my data wasn't actually using all the data. This means the graphs I posted in my last entry are wrong. Here are the corrected versions!

Squat:













Stoop:

2 comments:

  1. It would be helpful if the x and y axes were labeled. What are they representing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Y-axis represents the joint moment or in other words the torque acting on each joint. Torque is measured in units of Newton-Meters. The x-axis is time.

      Delete